Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.5-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Open Access and Copyright Policy
Historical Studies in Education/Revue d’histoire de l’éducation (HSE/RHÉ) provides immediate open access to its content according to the Budapest Open Access Initiative. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of our articles. All journal content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Authors are not charged article processing fees for publication. Immediate open access to content is provided on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Users may not modify HSE-RHÉ publications, nor use them for commercial purposes without asking prior permission from the publisher and the author.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. Authors retain copyright and grant HSE-RHÉ the right of first publication.
b. Authors who wish to enter into subsequent, separate, commercial or non-commercial, contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of their work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), must request permission from the journal. Subsequent publications must include an acknowledgement of its initial publication in HSE-RHÉ.
c. Authors who wish to revise, transform, or build upon their HSE-RHÉ publications must request permission from the journal to publish the revised material. The resulting publication must include an acknowledgement of its initial form and publication in HSE-RHÉ.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.